Bangkok’s hottest topic at the moment is the recent opening of ICONSIAM on the Chao Praya River. Every media publication possible has taken the opportunity to scope out the latest addition to Bangkok’s evergrowing mall collection. Especially since the ICONSIAM exudes luxury from every angle. That’s the great thing about this city. You can live here on a budget, but there are also many ways to splash your cash too. Here’s a list of the top 5 experiences you should treat yourself to at some point during your stay here in the City of Angels:
- For a real taste of the high life, book a rooftop table at Sirocco for dining with a view. The restaurant, perched on Lebua’s 63rd floor, is globally recognized and has won numerous awards (too many to mention here). Sip a hedonistic chocolate martini at the pastel-lit bar or enjoy a bottle of Chateau Petrus 1990, Pomerol AOC Bordeaux, for only $3,600.
- For a spot of luxury pain or relaxation (depending on which takes your fancy), visit Spa Botanica (Sukothai Hotel), the Oriental Spa (Mandarin Oriental) or the Spa InterContinental (the Intercontinental). These three are renowned as the city’s best hotel spas for their mix of ancient practices and the latest in modern treatment technology.
- You can’t do luxury living without treating yourself to bubbles. For the best in champagne brunches, visit Madison Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel for their Vintage Brut champagne package or head to Tables Grill at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok for their rich champagne and truffle risotto with free-flow Louis Roederer Brut Premier.
- Forget the city’s skyscrapers, take to the skies in a helicopter with Advance Aviation for a real bird’s eye view of Bangkok. It’s truly breathtaking. Plus, chartering a chopper or private jet is the only way to travel around the city in real style.
- As mentioned, you can’t do luxury living here without a stop at ICONSIAM. With its very own indoor floating market ICONSIAM has quite literally pushed the boat out on extravagance. The Bt54-billion development boasts not one, but two glamorous retail complexes (ICONSIAM and ICONLUXE) and also houses a River Park, the ICONSIAM Heritage Museum, and a Michelin star restaurant.
Want to know what you shouldn’t be spending your money on in Bangkok? Banking transactions. Avoid being stiffed by high exchange charges, hidden transaction costs, and overseas card fees by using DeeMoney to make all your international money transfers and exchanges. At a single low cost of just 150THB a time for overseas transactions, you’d be mad to spend your money on local Thai banking fees instead. Especially when, in comparison, banking fees for international transfers can rack up to 1500THB at a time. (On the sender’s end—that’s not even including the recipient’s fees that are often unexpectedly charged.) Get down to your nearest DeeMoney branch today and save your money for luxury living by becoming a DeeMoney member. Spend your money on bubbles, not fees.